Thursday, July 3, 2014

Les Maquis

For those of you who wondered what fieldwork is like, well, here you have it: a maquis. A maquis is what bars are called here, so what I'm basically telling you is that I spend considerable portions of my day sitting in bars. OK, I'm sitting in bars interviewing public servants about what their jobs are like, but still. Also worth noting that I don't even like beer, so really I just consume copious amounts of:
 a) Fanta, b) Coke, or c) Bottled water.


Everybody else seems fine to start with beer at 10:30 or 11am though, so there's that. I don't think I'm operating on the same internal clock as everyone else though -- they stay out late and get up early and I think many people sleep for part of the afternoon (because it's too hot for anything more demanding).

I've been operating on more of a go to bed early, wake up early, take a nap anyway model.

No comments:

Post a Comment