Saturday, July 19, 2014

Caterpillars (and stuff)

Last night Amadou brought over the prepared caterpillars. You sauté them in oil, with onions (and I think he said tomatoes too). To be honest, they aren't half bad. The hardest part is the psychological struggle of knowing you're eating caterpillars.



On a more typical note, I discovered Youki (which is the Brakina beverage company's soda brand; the WPop of Burkina). America, we need to have a talk. Burkina has "Moka Café" flavored soda. WHY DON'T WE HAVE COFFEE FLAVORED SODA?! It's awesome. We should get on that.


Amadou also brought over some of the baobob powder that is used to make the jus de pain de singe. It's seriously just a yellowish powder. I tried to dump it in water and make my own, which turns out to be not how that works. Amadou just laughed at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment