Monday, October 19, 2009

Plus bas and I would cry myself to sleep.

Highlights from our excursion to the vide-grenier (literally: empty-attic) at the Porte de Vincennes. It was a blast, and had more antiques and vintage dresses, purses, and shoes than the Montreuil market I usually go to. I'll definitely have to go back.

Also was informed of this site: http://vide-greniers.org/agendaDepartement.php?departement=75

A list of all flea markets/vide-greniers/etc. by département. Possibly my new favorite website.

I put a longer album on the book of Face, but for those of you who persistently resist, these are the highlights.

1. Pizza Hut delivery guy's helmet, or rather clever disguise for a Storm Trooper? Either way, whaaaaaaat?!



2. The thing I covet most: A real, REAL disco ball. This one was 12 euros and totally legit. I should be given a medal for resisting the urge to spend my money so irresponsibly, and I should be hanged for passing up such a golden opportunity. When I go back, if it's there, I'm fairly certain I'll cave and buy it. I'll take it as a sign.



3. "Dessine-moi un mouton!" Of course, the classic. Nearby stack not shown: Piles of records. The Police were prominently displayed.



4. You mean this is ALL of Piaf from 1936-1945? Again, resisted. But seriously, SERIOUSLY? I love this market.



5. What looked like the complete (I mean, of the old ones anyway, whatever, Daniel Craig) series in a)VHS format and b)French. I would love to see it dubbed. Can you imagine?

"Je m'appelle Bond. James Bond." Or would it be dubbed to Henri?!



6. Everything but the kitchen sink. No wait, we have that too. Just everything then.



7. Demands no further explanation.



8. Special ceramic ware for making escargot. Mmmm. If I had an oven, I'd make my own escargot in these.



9. "Any lower, and you'd have some surprises." That's it, I'm officially scandalized. Must be the inherent prudeness of anglosaxon water or something. All this, just to advertise van rentals. Not sure if I should bemoan the sad state of human existence, or laugh.



Scratch that, I giggle every time I look at this picture. I'm obviously mature enough to work in elementary school.

1 comment: