It reminds me of that line in TS Eliot's poem, "The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock:"
For I have known them all already, known them all: --
Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons
However, in my particular case, one might consider substituting "baguettes" for "coffee spoons."
Also worth noting that the French Embassy liaison got back to me already, and I AM allowed to work, but I have to have permission from the principals of the schools where I work, it can't interfere with my teaching, and I can't make more than 30% of my current salary (which means not much, that's for sure). Better than nothing!
And as if to celebrate my one-month anniversary, today I discovered CHEAP PEANUT BUTTER! They have it in one of the many Middle Eastern food markets of Aubervilliers. WIN! It's made in Holland, which means if I ever go there, I will thank them profusely. Apparently all it takes to win my undying love is peanut butter.
bonne anniversaire!
ReplyDeletewishing you several, but not too many, more.