On Tuesday
we went to visit the marché des fruits et légumes (fruit and vegetable market)
and the grande marché du centre (the main central market). As most of you know,
I love markets. Especially the marchés aux puces around Paris. But this was a
lot. Also, being white, the odds are good I'm a tourist. Everyone wanted to show me their
carved masks and jewelry, which must be the big tourist market. I passed, because
none of that is really my thing. It was pretty cool to see how huge the market
was though, especially the parts where they sew clothes. There were bolts of cloth
and pagnes everywhere, and tons of men working furiously at sewing machines. It
was impressive.
I only took
a few pictures at the fruit and vegetable market, since it was less crowded
(plus, in my experience, people often get all up in your business when you take
pictures in a market).


No comments:
Post a Comment