Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday, without much sun.

Today I was up early to tutor in Neuilly-Plaisance. It was fun to see the whole family again, they're really sweet and I love getting to talk to them. The daughter I help in English is in tenth grade, with gives me a nice diversion from my usual fare.

Afterwards I met Guillaume in the 18e for coffee and chats. On our way down to Abbesses to catch the métro we came upon a vide-grenier. I, of course, was pumped to see lots of framed old maps. Resisted the urge to purchase them, since I can't bring them back. Almost as upsetting as passing over that disco ball last year. (Note strange skull in front.)


I've had La Cage aux Folles at the forefront of my mind recently, and when I saw this I couldn't resist. Talk about a vraie cage aux folles. I'm not sure what makes this the most memorably epic: The doll in the cage or the doll on the toliet OR the doll on the toliet in the cage. Hard to say.


Just you know, pretty buildings. Typical.



Then Benoît and I moved my life over from Betsey's house, since I don't want to drive her nuts with everything. Besides, so much of my life is in boxes here, it makes sense to isolate the madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment