I would just like to apologize for failing to conclude my trip with a deserving post.
The day after I flew back to France is the day that the Air Algérie flight departing from Ouagadougou went missing (filled with Burkinabè and French people, among others).
Eventually we learned that it had crashed over Mali,
and frankly I think the shock of that made it too hard for me to think about my trip.
But I should point out that I made it back, it was wonderful, and I find that I miss it.
People there warned me that once you go, you will always go back.
Alas, sitting around in a maquis in State College is hardly a worthy replacement (were I able to find such a place to begin with), and the start of a new semester makes my life seem a whole lot less
action-packed.
Until the next adventure, at least ...
No comments:
Post a Comment