On Friday, borders were crossed, multiculturalism was spread, happiness abounded ... I made the boys [real] macaroni and cheese! Thanks to my mom's awesome recipes/expert directions, I pulled it off [mostly] without a hitch. I even managed to find cheddar cheese! Turns out macaroni and cheese is completely unknown as a concept here. Why isn't THAT the "typical" American cuisine known the world over? I'd take that over a burger ...
Anyway, it was a great success, and there was much rejoicing. [Picture Monty Python here.]
Saturday morning we had orchestra, as usual, and it was a rough awakening. Next weekend is the "week-end de travail," aka those 12-hours-of-rehearsal weekends that precede our concerts. Yikes.
Saturday night I went to see "La Cage aux Folles" at the Théâtre de la Porte Saint-Martin. The play version. It was very funny, but for the first time in YEARS I actually had trouble understanding the French - lots of plays on words and humor with which I don't have the background to know. Apparently the two leads are fairly known TV actors in France; their names are Didier Bourdon and Christian Clavier. They were great!

This doesn't really show it, but here's the beautiful chandelier and blue/teal ceiling! I was all the way up in the amphithéâtre, so I had it more or less directly in front of me ...

No comments:
Post a Comment