Friday, May 14, 2010

LET THERE BE KELLY O'CONNOR (and Sean!)

So the planets aligned and fate pulled itself out of it's typical cyclic tendencies, and KELLY O'CONNOR came to Paris :) She brought along my pretend brother aka her brother Sean, too. I, however, had an appointment to stop being a half-illegal immigrant. When I was finally given my stupid stamp and X-rays of my lungs (I think I'll frame them for my wall?), I hauled my butt back to Grenelle to intercept the O'Connor invasion. This was the scene upon arrival ...


Apparently when Kelly and Sean asked me what I wanted, I unknowingly made a list of nothing but cookies. To balance it out Kelly brought me Wegmans gummy bears and DUCK SAUCE, mmm. I am single-handedly keeping Keebler in business : knock off thin mints, E.L. Fudge, rainbow chocolate chip, FORTUNE COOKIES and raspberry/chocolate Milanos. Remember the time I gained 40 lbs?

I do.

Kelly's first French sandwich was actually a loaf of bread. This angle doesn't do it justice.

Then Kelly needed to take some medicine, and we elected to take it with alcohol. We then meditated on whether or not an Irish Car Bod is synonymous with an Irish Car Bomb.


To commemorate your trip to Paris, why don't you bring back a sweet hooker on Rue Saint Dénis figurine? Comes with miniature front door and darling hooker figurine -- SURE TO PLEASE GRANDMA!


Kelly and Sean liked crêpes too ... but none of us tried the whepped cream.


Then I brought them to the Marché aux Puces at Montreuil (because it remains one of my favorite places). For those of you with Molly Fixations, I got your back :) Let me know if you want one ... although I'm not sure what about me would lead you to fixate on a tape measure/level/mini pencil/mini pad unit.


I love when t-shirts are in English-gibberish. Makes me really glad I don't go strolling around wearing languages I don't understand.

TRUE - SPIRIT - OF MIND - BOWLING - PHYSIQUE - DENIM ... Somebody was like, "Hey, I know what we can write on the shirt! Take out your dictionary and pick random words!"


Kelly wanted to feel like all the cool French kids that stroll around with baguettes.



Now Kelly and Sean have left me (sniff sniff), but I think the trip was a success. We celebrated Kelly's birthday the night before they left, and everytime I eat another 10 cookies, I'll think of them :) I like having my visitors!



1 comment:

  1. Not gonna lie, for a minute there I considered the logistics of paying you to ship me a hooker statue to remind me of the Snt. Denís Street in Montreal.

    ReplyDelete