Friday, January 29, 2010

PENN STATE LET ME INNNNNNN!!!

Scene: Me, considering the fact that I need to leave in 10 minutes to go on a party boat tonight with friends, contemplating an outfit. Finishing gchat conversations.

Cue -- Frantic Gennie, via my mom's gmail account -- BE THERE NOOWWWWWW ... WHAT'S YOUR PHONE NUMBER IN FRANCE? Penn State is on the phone and she wants to call you!!!

Me: ... WHAT?! ... [Gives number]

Penn State : Hello, Margaret? Oh right, I wanted to let you know personally that you've been OFFERED A FULL ASSISTANTSHIP!

Excuse me while I have an ecstatic seizure and dance around my apartment screaming. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Probably sounded like SUCH a ditz, but I've never been offered a position in a school that wanted to PAY me. Just saying. OH RIGHT, AND MAYBE BECAUSE YOU JUST OFFERED ME A PLACE IN YOUR PHD PROGRAM AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

OK, I'm fine, I promise. Yay!

Post-script: I missed the party boat. Hahaha, oops :)

No comments:

Post a Comment