Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Liège

Quick trip (for me) to Liège (Belgium) so Johan could record for a cd ... Which left me with ample time for adventuring.

Big church ...

I think someone ought to write a design thesis on the mailboxes of the world. I think it says a lot about the society (better do it fast, before emails finally end letters).

Liège Philharmonic, where we were ...

I'm a rebel!
Except, not.

Inside the concert hall (but my camera doesn't have a big enough lens to fit the whole shebang in a single shot)!

Part two ...

Important Liègeois monument ... To I-don't-know-what. Wikipedia, anyone?

Leaving, from the really neat (I actually liked something modern?! Snap!) MoMA style train station.

Kind of hard to see, but an equally awesome bridge that leads cars into the station ...

When I got my ticket, they gave me CHOCOLATE! FOR EASTER. Also, geez Belgium, how are all of those languages working out? Makes the English/Spanish debate in the US look a wee-bit silly.

1 comment:

  1. jealousssssssss
    (broke and stuck in states)
    (missing you)

    (wanting Belgian chocolate.)

    ReplyDelete