Saturday, April 10, 2010

A 'secular miracle of communication?'

During my canal-side wanderings, I happened to notice this Pacman-like character tiled (sneakily) onto a municipal building. I became curious ...


Today, walking near Rue Buci with Bastien, I noticed another.


If you've ever read The Crying of Lot 49, you might be able to see where this is taking me. In the book, which is rife with references and things that remind you of other things that you can't quite place, but somehow leave you with an enduring sense of almost-comprehension, the main character keeps coming across symbols and references to a secret society. I don't want to give anything away, so you should just read the book (it's one of my favorites).

Anyway, I'm positive there's a meaning or a game or some sort of reason for these little things all over the city, and I'm determined to find more and figure it out. A mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment