Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Changing direction.

A brasserie on the side of Firmin Gémier where I cut through to get to Balzac/Victor Hugo (the schools where I teach afternoon classes). I know that 'Changement de direction' means they're changing owners, but I can't help thinking of it in a franglais way, whereby it means 'Changing direction.' Insert intensive metaphysical discussion of the deeper meaning this could potentially have in my life here.



Today when I got to babysitting, I was invited to join them at their house in the south of France during our April school vacation (awesome!). Of course, the boys wanted to know right away if I'd be coming along to play, and I told them I wasn't quite sure yet. Julien (6) proceeded, matter-of-factly, to state "Right, because you have to ask your Mommy."

I think that wins the award for adorable comment of the month, and I'm flattered that I'm still classed among the kids and not the grown-ups ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment